Among the 60 World Heritage sites of the UNESCO that I have visited for the last 4 years by bicycle, here is my top 5:
- The Amazon (Brazil – and more generally of the 8 Amazonian countries): For its still alive cultural diversity, its stunning power of creation, its secrets, its immensity and protection for all of us.
- Calakmul (Mexico) : Among all the archeological sites, this one really amazed me. The splendor of Mayas surrounded by an endless rainforest.
- Cuzco (Perou) : The heart of the Inca Empire. A fascinating combination of inca and colonial spaniard architecture results in a unforgettable human masterpiece.
- Coffee landscape (Colombia) : The best of Colombia. Between Medellin and Cali, you will find there a delicious cuisine, happy and generous people and scenic landscapes that produce the best coffee of the world.
- Los Glaciares (Argentina) : Sharp and rocky peaks, turquoise lagoons, glaciars, plenty of natural trails for outdoors 100% adrenaline and escape from the mass tourism.