Image

BOSQUES NATIVOS EN PELIGRO

Seringueira, seringueiro : Ouro branco da selva

Iquitos, Manaus, Santarem… Visitei essas cidades da Amazônia quais tinham, faz pouco, um período de gloria e de iluminações internacional. Ao inicio do siglo XX, a produção e comercio da borracha traio nesses lugares e aos campos muitas riquezas (não sempre compartilhadas entre a gente).

Hevea brasiliensis L., conhecida pelos nomes comuns de seringueira e árvore-da-borracha Lire la suite

SAVOIRS ETHNOBOTANIQUES A PROTEGER POUR LE FUTUR

En waorani, Omaere signifie « Nature de la jungle ». Quatre jours en compagnie de Chris Canaday, un biologiste et ornithologue canadien, installé depuis plus de 10 ans à Puyo, Equateur. Le Parc pédagogique Omaere souhaite promouvoir la conservation, l’éducation environnementale et le reboisement. Il s’agit du premier parc ethnobotanique d’Amérique latine.

Grâce aux savoirs ancestraux indigènes Shuars et Kichwas, il s’agit de faire découvrir la selva, forêt tropicale très humide (4700 mm d’eau par an!), située à 900m d’altitude, sur les rives de la rivière Puyo. Fondé par une femme Shuar et deux femmes françaises, le parc de plus de 15 hectares protège plus de 1500 espèces végétales d’importance pour les communautés indigènes. Ouvert au public depuis 1994, il est possible de visiter Lire la suite

From a Golf to a #Botanical Garden: A Story of a Still « Green » Land

This the story of a golf that became a botanical garden of international stature.

In 1910, the site of 22-hectare in the heart of Vancouver was an isolated acreage of stumps and bush. It was owned by the Canadian Pacific Railway and was leased by the Shaughnessy Golf Club from 1911 until 1960 when the golf club moved to a new location. The railway proposed a subdivision, but was opposed by many citizens. In 1966, the VanDusen Botanical Garden Association was formed to assist the Vancouver Park Board with saving the site. This effort was successful and the land was purchased with shared funding from the City of Vancouver, the Government of British Columbia and the Vancouver Foundation with a donation by W. J. VanDusen, after whom the Garden was named.

The VanDusen Botanical Garden officially opened to the public on 1975. « Sur la Route du Patrimoine » visited it in December 2012. Even if it was the bad season to enjoy the plants and trees, we appreciated the architecture of the garden, its collections of native species, its labeling. We would love to visit again in spring!

Ce diaporama nécessite JavaScript.

Lire la suite